Welcome to the official website for Ascension Academy! Whether you are a first-time guest or a frequent web browser, please accept my heartfelt invitation to visit us often. Since we opened our doors in 2000 we have provided talented and academically ambitious boys and girls an extraordinary opportunity to develop those habits of success that continue to prepare them for success and fulfillment in college and career.
I believe we are able to do this so well because we bring together a unique combination of those key ingredients that are critical to strengthening student ability and elevating student performance. At Ascension students discover…
- That their classes are small enough to allow teachers to provide them with individualized attention tailored to their unique learning habits;
- That their teachers are passionate about what they teach and are free to explore their subjects without having to teach to State-imposed standardized tests;
- That our math, science and technology courses expose them to cutting-edge research and theory while grounding them in the disciplines of traditional learning so necessary for achievement in college;
- That they can become proficient writers who can excel in both technical and creative communication;
- That they will be challenged in our rigorous pre-AP, AP and Dual-credit curriculum that annually produces students who attain SAT and AP scores well above local, state and national averages, securing for them 15 to 30 collegiate credit hours before graduation;
- That their college guidance counselor works with each of them to identify individual academic and career interests to help them gain acceptances into a national, regional, state, local and international colleges and university;
- That our fine arts program gives them outstanding opportunities to discover their hidden talents while helping them develop their unique interests and abilities in music, art, and theater;
- That our sports program gives them the chance to strengthen their bodies, hone their skills, and learn valuable life lessons in competitive individual and team sports;
- That they can deepen their own spiritual and reflective understanding while learning to appreciate and value the faith journeys of those different than themselves.
- That it is both good and fun to be part of a community that is kind, welcoming and considerate, where social life is not driven by cliques, status, or intimidation.
My list of what makes Ascension so life changing for young people could go on and on. The bottom line is that Ascension Academy is a community of teachers, students, and parents who have discovered how inspiring, empowering and transformational a school can be.
I invite you to get to know Ascension Academy better by taking time to thoroughly examine our website. And should what you see here inspire you to want to know more, please give us a call to schedule a visit. Perhaps we are just what you are looking for in a school that will make a life-changing difference for your child.
I look forward to meeting you,
William Summerhill, Ph. D., Head of School
Head of School
PS: I invite you to read some of my reflections on the Ascension Academy difference that can be found by clicking the link below.