Keeping Children Home Due to Illness
Mild illness is common among children. Many illness/infections do not constitute a reason for excluding children from their usual school activities. Please notify the school nurse if your child or a member of your family has an illness which could spread to other students.
School nurses’ recommendations for staying home from school:
- Fever- a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, or temperature is below 100 but he/she is achy, pale or tired. Fever must be within normal limits for 24 hours before returning back to school without the aid of fever reducers.
- Stomach ache- vomiting or diarrhea
- Runny nose- thick green nasal discharge
- Eyes- pink eye or red eye with drainage from the eye until examined and treated by a doctor and approved for readmission. Eyes
- Rashes- blisters or draining lesions.
Please feel free to contact the school nurse with any questions.
Claudia McClellan R.N.