Come have fun with your friends and show your Cardinal spirit and class pride by painting on your own personal cement canvas! The proceeds from this project will go to the 2014 Prom Fund. There are only 38 spaces that will be sold for this fundraiser!!
- Purchase your painting permit for just $50. (Cash or checks payable to Ascension Academy)
- Sketch your design on the form and submit it for approval to Director of Development Charee Godwin-Smith. See examples of appropriately painted spaces in Mrs. Godwin-Smith's office.
- Paint afternoon will be on Saturday afternoon, September 28th from 2-6 pm.
Guidelines for your sketch:
Think of your parking spot as a t-shirt that you want to wear to school. Your spot must be in dress code - so no references to drugs, alcohol, smoking, gangs, etc. Keep it Classy! You can use your name, include your jersey number, instrument you play, or favorite hobbies. Your spot should be fun and reflect who you are.
- Paint must be latex "liquid" paint, no aerosol cans, etc.
- Must only use the Ascension colors in any combination. Acceptable colors are: Lowe’s Valspar Ultra Paint + Primer (Exterior, semi-gloss) in the following colors: Sunset Glow, Cut Ruby, Classic Royal Blue, and white. No mixing of the colors to produce new shades will be permitted, but you may use all AA colors in your design.
What to bring on paint day:
- your sketch turned in for approval before painting (this is proof you paid)
- paint and paint brushes or rollers
- masking tape or painter's tape to tape off the lines around your spot and the parking space number before you start painting
- broom to sweep off parking space and clean-up supplies
- no air or airless paint sprayers permitted
***No Refunds after you have painted your spot. If you paint something inappropriate on your spot, it will be painted over and you will not receive a refund. No touch-ups, repainting, etc. after September 24th.
***Remember to account for drying time for connecting colors.
Click here to download paint permit/application.